Most of the NSU Library items that you borrow can be renewed as long as there are sufficient copies available.
Each renewal extends the due date by the same length of time as you originally borrowed the item for, e.g. an additional 14 days for books,
See the complete list of loan periods.
The renewal period starts on the last date your borrowed item was due, not the same date the item was renewed. We recommend that you not wait until the last minute before trying to renew an item in case it can’t be renewed for any reason. You are still responsible for any lost charges if an item cannot be renewed and is returned late.
How to renew checkout items
- Go to the library homepage. >> https://library.northsouth.edu
- Click on OPAC Login in the top, right corner.
- Log in with your NSU Library Username and Password.
- Select ‘your summary’ and check the details of your Borrowed library items, and select the desired option: Renew Selected Item or Renew All. Check the box against the desired items to be renewed and click Renew Selected Items given at the bottom of the screen.
- The next screen will display a confirmation message and the renewed items information, including a new due date and the number of times the item/s is renewed, among other things.
- The system will not accept self-renewal of item/s if it is overdue, crossed the maximum renewals (2-times) limit, or someone has placed a hold on it.
Trouble renewing items
The system will block renewal if:
- Your library card has expired.
- You have overdue books.
- You owe money to the library.
- Your book is on “hold” for another patron.
- You have already renewed a book the maximum number of times allowed.
Contact the Library Circulation Desk for help resolving these problems.
Library account features
When signed in, you can:
- View items you have checked out
- Renew eligible items
- View any fines/fees
- Read messages about your items and account
- Modify your personal details
- Change your library account password
- View your checkout history
- Add new purchase suggestions.
- Use library services such as requesting or holding library items