Mendeley: Citation Management Tool
Mendeley is a citation management tool that, like many others, lets you collect & organize citations, & then easily insert them into documents & format bibliographies.
NSU Library Mendeley users gain access to Mendeley Institutional Edition (MIE) by accessing Mendeley via NSU email address. This gives North South University (NSU) library users 100GB personal library space, 100GB shared library space, 100 collaborators in private groups, and unlimited private groups.
Non-NSU email ID holders can still sign up for a free Mendeley account, which offers 2GB of web space and the ability to create 1 private group with up to 3 members, or can upgrade to a premium plan to access more space or groups.
With Mendeley, you can:
- Create and manage citations of books, articles, videos, and more
- Import citations from many databases
- Extract metadata from imported PDFs
- Collaborate with other researchers online
- Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- Highlight and annotate papers and share those notes with others
- Organize your sources using groups, tags, and filters
- Insert references into a Word document and format them automatically in a citation style of your choice;
- Showcase your work and connect and collaborate with researchers worldwide.
Sign up for an account
Go to www.mendeley.com and fill out the “Create a Mendeley account” form using your NSU institutional email address (e.g.: email@example.com).
Once you set up your account you can add details about yourself to your profile to help you connect with colleagues through Mendeley. You can also mark publications you have written and Mendeley will track the page view and download statistics on those articles for you.