The North South University (NSU) campus community relies on the Library and its services for materials to support research and teaching in every field. The NSU Library, in turn, relies on its users for help in its efforts to provide equal and timely access to the materials in its collection. When materials are not returned in a timely manner, other users are denied access to these resources. Library users help by returning or renewing materials on or before the date they are due. Complying with Library circulation policies enables all users to share the wealth of our available resources.
All library borrowers will receive a advanced warning notice (usually one day before of due date) of Fine or Fee and/or a Statement of Fines and Fees from the library, usually via email. (If you did not get advanced notice please contact library circulation desk, and activate advanced notice option.)
Overdue rates for library materials:
- a. Fines are calculated after the expiry of the due date stamped on the slip pasted at the end of the borrowed resources.
- b. Tk.20.00 only per calendar day is charged for each item.
- c. Tk.50.00 only per calendar day fine is calculated after the expiry of the due date for reference books, reserved books, journals and periodicals.
Lost or Stolen Materials:
- Borrowers return the same library resources or pay the current value of lost item(s) with 20% service charge to the library.
- Any item not returned within six weeks after due date is considered lost.
Damaged Book Policy:
You are responsible for any damage that occurs to an item while it is checked out to you.
If you receive an overdue notice or bill for an item that has been returned, or you believe has been returned, contact to the Library Circulation Desk.
Paying Library Bills:
Library overdue fines only can be paid through Bank. To pay an overdue fine visit NSU library and return your overdue books first. Go to the Library Circulation desk and need to ask for overdue fine slip.