Turnitin Usage Instructions
Turnitin instructors/users are requested to follow the instruction mentioned below (recommendations had been suggested by the subcommittee for ‘Turnitin use’ and the last three years usage pattern).
- Faculty members of DEML, who are teaching ENG105 and BA and MA courses (200 level and above), as well as faculty members of other departments/institutes, may only upload their student’s final term/research papers/printed reports on Turnitin.
- Multiple submission of the same paper/report is not acceptable; this will be allowed only once.
- Class names should be created mentioning the course name and section. Previous semester classes must be removed; if not removed, the Library will have the authority to remove those.
- Core Faculty members may use Turnitin prior to the final submission of their research works/ articles/project reports only once. Faculty members can use the ‘Grammarly Premium’ version for subsequent checking if needed.
- As all statistics of Turnitin usage are available through Turnitin Admin Panel; the Library will send report/inform the faculty members and the Chair of the respective departments about their Turnitin use periodically.
- If the Turnitin usage crosses the license limit, Turnitin instructors’ accounts would be blocked from the top submitter to low.
- Library Turnitin Team will always monitor the submission/usage/misusage and regularly send reports to the higher authority to maintain the subscribed license and fees.
We seek the kind cooperation of all Turnitin users/instructors for a sustainable subscription to Turnitin at NSU.
Turnitin: To Upload Papers and Check Plagiarism by the Instructor
1. Create a New Class
2. Add Assignment to the Class
3. To Set Optional Setting: Paper save to ‘No Repository’
4. Submit Papers
5. Upload file from the Computer